Metaboli - unlimited Gaming

My gamelist is gone 

My gamelist is gone 
14 Mar 2012, 22:36

Post Re: My gamelist is gone
Bifta,

Thanks for trying to help me, but I aleady checked this and indeed am running in admin mode.

What I don't understand is the random nature of it, on monday I had no problem, but other people do complain on the forum, and today I suffer. Probably tomorrow the problem is "just" gone when I login without anything changing on my side.

The fact I cannot rely on it or get a reliable fix really bugs me.

Martijn
Reply with quoteReport this post

14 Mar 2012, 23:18

How do you have admin mode set then?

Do you right click and choose to run as an admin or have you set the browser to always run that way.

Again i have a reason for asking which is as follows.

If i right click my browser and choose to run in as an admin i still from time to time see this error.However if i goto the exe for the browser and right click and choose properties.Then goto the compatibility tab and put a tick in run as admin and apply i don't see the issue at all.

I don't know why and for sure can't see a logical reason for this but it does seem to make a difference for me.

EDIT:

I wonder if there is some common element that is causing this for those that experience the issue.

Are you all using the same operating system or security software etc i wonder.Maybe even the same browser?

I also wonder if it is worth you trying a different browser when you see this issue arise.

Am using win 7 64bit and ffox 10.0.2 myself atm and with admin mode set the way i suggested i have not seen this issue myself for a few months.

15 Mar 2012, 18:57

no games list and running as admin makes no difference... this is hopeless it has been going on for days now... come on metaboli do something about it.. my patience is running thin !!

15 Mar 2012, 19:09

For the umpteenth time I've gone to the games list downloaded. To all there is a limit ..........
I do not intend to pay for a service that does not work and since
I am not a computer programmer (and I have to be x solve these problems since your explanations) after 4 years of subscription I decided to terminate my subscription.
I'm sorry and see you when you have solved your problems.
Bye

15 Mar 2012, 19:15

All,

At least great to hear I am not alone in my misery. The problem is still not solved.

I run admin, firefox, IE, run the yummy.delete.bat file, change the hosts file and reinstalled the java and player.

downloaded zombies, shows that in the list, but when closing and reopening the browser that one is also gone, so I an running out of options

Great, guys from metaboli, keep up the good work ignoring this forum and the issues!!!

Martijn

15 Mar 2012, 20:30

Quote:
Apparently some games that you have downloaded "corrupt" the "YPlayer4.ygsq" file which handles your games list.

For example, I can now reproduce the problem by downloading Age of Empires 2 gold (like Petros). The game is not added to my queue, the installation folder is not created and MY games list is empty.

What you can do to fix this issue is:

1) Close Metaboli and kill the yummy.launcher.exe process in the task manager.

2) look for your YPlayer4.ygsq file. Mine is located on:

C:\Users\mywindowsname\AppData\Local\Yummy

Once you have found it, delete the file.

3) Go back to Metaboli and access your My Games page.

Usually the game list should now display all your games, even though the download progress is stuck to 0%.

4) Simply set on "ON" the games you wish to download/play and in a few sec their actual status should be updated (like a games that you have fully downloaded will reappear in the Downloaded Games) section.

We are investigating furhter of course and we will keep you posted asap.

Thanks for your patience and understanding

This is taken from another thread from a meta employee does it help the issue?

You may need hidden files and folders turned on to find your YPlayer4.ygsq file.To enable this goto control panel then folder options and place a tick in show hidden files and folders.

15 Mar 2012, 21:01

Yep, tried that one also. Does not work for me..

Funny thing is that even if I delete that file AND remove all the files from the installation directory, even then it will refuse to reinstall games I previously had installed, and when I press the download button, I go the to game list page which shows up empty, so it's even impossible to just start again which would be a very unpreferred option, but better then this.

I went through all forums, tried everything, but with zero results.

I'm just getting very tired of spending two evening solving this stupid aparently java related issue.

Martijn

Update:

I seem to have found a (but not so pretty) solution. The problem is that if you delete the yummy.ygsq file, this file will be build up using date from the registy file and not from the actual files from the hard disk, so if this goes wrong, the game list is empty.

I solved it by opening regedit and looking for yummy entries:

What I found was the regitem Yummy Interactive, Inc - Player - Applications, and here all installed games are mentioned.

I deleted the whole yummy interactive entry in the registry.

I also deleted all yummy directories in the users/appdata/local directory (watch out with this if you did not change the installation location, otherwise the game files are in the yummy directory and you should only delete the yummy.ygsq from that directory.

Now the game list again shows empty (and you may have to change your download location to the correct spot) but if I now download an installed game, the installation will just check the already installed files and show the game as installed and playable.

Difficult solution, but at least I can get playing again, I hope.

Metaboli, please use this info to solve the issue quick!!

Martijn

15 Mar 2012, 22:02

My games are gone too and I'm running IE in Admin mode.

Only the other day I raised a thread saying how peeved (edited from original text) I was about the standards of metaboli (lower case deliberately used as they don't deserve a Capital letter!).

:evil: :evil: THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE :evil: :evil:

Subscription will be cancelled unless sorted by end of play tomorrow. I'm not prepared to put up with this any longer. I pay a monthly charge for a system to work. Not to put posts on this forum (thanks to everyone who has taken the time to help me over the years, by the way :) ).

I shouldn't need to blow away files and hack the registry! :o

15 Mar 2012, 22:39

Thanks for posting what aided you to get around the issue martijn :)

Hopefully it will help the others that have issues.

16 Mar 2012, 20:11

Sent a very short and sharp mail to support yesterday. It was originally very long, but then I took out all the swear words! :oops:

Anyway, the fix given was the same as Bifta's quote from another thread above.

This worked for me. I did it directly after the system came up, so I did not have to kill the Yummy Process.

Have to say that I received a reply within 24 hours so a thats a thumbs up :) for support. I know we slate them but they have come through here. That said, Metaboli (yes, I've given them their Capital back!) do need to sort out the service level. The platform is not very stable, and it hasn't been for some time.

All these workarounds and hacks (and having to run IE as an administrator) is wrong. It breaks all security protocols and should be fixed as a matter of priority.