+ insufficient hardware (e.g. video card without sufficient shader support)
+ incompatibility of game with OS
+ incompatibility of game with certain hardware components (e.g. multicore systems, specific video cards, chipsets etc.)
+ missing, obsolete or faulty drivers, system software, supplemental software (e.g. video drivers, PhysX, .NET Framework, codecs etc.)
+ in rare cases problems introduced by new driver versions although game works with older drivers
+ damaged hardware (e.g. damaged RAM)
+ software conflicts (e.g. caused by emulators, antivirus, firewalls, DRM software, but also possibly with Messengers, burner software, tools of all sorts, desktop enhancements etc.
+ unsupported video options (e.g. unsupported screen resolutions, multi-displays, anti-aliasing etc.)
+ malware contamination of system
+ "bugs" in the game
+ data corruption (damaged files)
+ corruptions in the Windows registry, e.g. caused by ncomplete or improper software or hardware installations or removals (including drivers), which can cause all sorts of problems
and much more.
To identify the exact cause can be difficult (especially from a distance without direct access to the system - our support agents are not clairvoyants...).
The above list may give you some ideas to explore. We recommend starting with the following steps:
1. Check the system requirements of the game, make sure video drivers and DirectX are up-to-date, verify that any supplemental software that may be necessary is properly installed ( see game description page) etc. (follow the steps here), in order to eliminate "the ususal suspects".
2. Scan your system with an up-to-date virus scanner.
3. Clean the Registry - there are many freeware or trial versions of Registry Cleaner Tools available for download
4. Restart Windows in "light" mode in order to minimize potential software conflicts.
5. Change the video options to conservative settings (i.e. low resolution)
6. Try launching the game.
If the problem persists, please contact customer support.
If this document does not fit your needs, you can ask a question.
You can send this document by EMail